Monday, November 16, 2009

The Morning after the night before...

I was working at home on Friday so five o'clock came and went without much in the way of fanfare. I didn't as some people suspected I would do rush out and buy an industrial sized bag of doughnuts.

In the evening I went out for a drink with some friends, I drank Coke because I had volunteered to drive and as Dave has mentioned previously it is not much fun sitting there with a glass of water all night. The Coke was much as I remembered it, sweet, sickly and not really the most pleasant of beverages - On the other hand I was in bed, but still wide awake at three in the morning.

I also ate chocolate this weekend, its hard not to in our household considering the Tcho Tcho's consider chocolate one of life's essentials, one which in the scheme of things they rate as only slightly less important than the Wii. I can't deny the chocolate was nice, but I felt inherently guilty about eating it. I didn't buy a mars bar to keep me going on the trek back from the news agents which came as a shock to some family members.

None of this probably sounds like much to most of you, but to me its an interesting development. Much of my weight problem is simply down to bad habits. This weekend I had the opportunity to buy both chocolate and pastries, I didn't. I ate chocolate and drank pop this weekend but both in moderation, that for me is good news; I don't normally do moderation. It will not, I think be a bad thing to return to and continue this vow of abstinence at least until Christmas.

David has been keeping track of the figures and was no doubt fed up with me asking him what the total is every ten minutes. Apparently we've pushed over the £1300 with regards pledges, which isn't bad for two fat blokes who gave up stuff they probably should have given up long ago.

Then again the Alzheimer's Society needs every penny of that money to help people who desperately need it. So thank you, if you've donated and if you haven't, please don't think we won't happily take your money now if you are kind enough to give it to us.

All that is left for me to say is a heartfelt thank you for your generosity
Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment