Monday, November 2, 2009

Defying gravity

"So how's it going?" asked my beloved wife the other day.

"Not bad, though the weight loss has levelled off a bit." I said.

"You should let people know how you're doing," said MBW. "give them an update."

"Well I've told them how much I weigh, several times…"

"How about something else then? How about I measure your waist?"

"Er, no."

In my mind, my waist measurement in still 28", and as long as I'm not faced with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, I can keep believing that. Heck, I still believe I'm only 27…

"Ok," continued MBW, "how about…"

She then got that look in her eye that said 'What follows will probably appeal to one of us more than the other.'

"…how about you take your belt off, and then I'll time you while you run around and we'll see how long it takes for your trousers to fall down?"

One of us thought this was hilarious.

One was less keen.

For now, the belt stays on, and the trousers stay up!

Talking of up, our totaliser-o-tron keeps creeping in the right direction. Our webpage has now passed the £500 mark (and thanks to Gift aid, you can add another £104 to that), and our total pledges overall currently stand at £942.79.

By the way, that includes the money from the website - it's not 'as well as'. Basically, some people have decided to donate straight away, and some people are thinking we're not going to make it, fall at the final hurdle and that their money is safe.

Not a chance. Despite some major temptation issues in Waitrose* on Saturday morning, Giles & I are hanging in there.

12 days to go.

Can we make £1000?

Tune in next time to find out!



*Other supermarkets are available. But they're not very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment